Friday, November 11, 2011

Future Plans

Long time!

Busy with lots of little things, interviews, gaming, researching etc.

And I think Im not gonna take up any job offers for this year.

Giving myself another 3 month's grace, and a last go.

Making drawings and drawings in draft, even the colour pencils starts to come in, haha! But well then I think the figure drawings still looks plain shit. "Practice makes perfect", you can hear my teacher saying that few times in EVERY lesson.

And I do complain to her, that my sewn crafts doesnt look very appetite-ful.
And she says that we shouldn't compare ourselves with those that have received higher and formal education. We start and learn at a later stage, and we are at least learning at some point.

Singapore WDA has done fairly well in these area, and even offer a WSQ Diploma with 70% subsidy. What to do? I dont have rich parents :(

Encouraged, yeah at least im starting off.

Refer to Emcee Couture, her link is at my right side blog roll. Really inspired by her, she turns her passion and interest into a good business, offering custom-made with measurements provided by customers. This kind of service prevents common comments from customers who always said its too small or too big, doesnt fit at all~

Liked the fact that its also handmade 100%, not some MIC stuffs, eew.

Calculating, I guess I have really stopped buying any form of clothings for more than a year.

Anyway read a book call "Hand-Sewn" few weeks ago, and Im so so so inspired.
Hand-sewing is the most perfect technique for machine-idiots, like me.

Tested a few pieces right off my drafts. So far, well.
In December, hope I can be in time for a simple collection to be launched.
Its the month I will be turning 24 (old girl here).

Wish me Lucky and not lazy!

Note: Some people have extreme definition of their own of couture and haute couture. Let me remind that people like me and emcee and many thousands of seamstresses and sewists out there do not compare ourselves with haute couture right off from the start. We design, create, and sew things we like and adore, and wish to produce and share it with the others. Do not defamed us, or even look down on us just because we did not received any high-end education or less-preferred creations. At least our ass are not stuck up in the sky. And proudly, we create things that are often wearable, not just artistic nonsense that you can only see on the stage once in a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment