Saturday, June 11, 2011

Parents' Day Preparation

My mama is a fortune-teller, as I have told some of my friends before. She fortune-tells and give advice to lost sheeps and troubled people.


Sometimes, I think she fits more as a counsellor than a fortune-teller.


My mama always taught this belief of good karma to her customers. As such, last year June, she organised the first Parents' Day, a day dedicated to old folks who are mostly living alone with no dependents. Its her way of showing that these old folks need someone to help them celebrate Mother's and Father's Day. And her customers would be our dear sponsors and volunteers.


Tomorrow, as usual after the first, is our second Parent's Day.



Pre-works had to be done for the single day itself, alot of organising and planning work, from deciding the venue of the lunch for the folks, the menu for the meal, the contents of the goodie bags and lucky draw that we are giving to the folks, the recruiting of volunteers for the event, and the thanks-giving for our wonderful sponsors and donors.


I went to help my parents to pack the goodie bags and lucky draw items today.





The 380 goodie bags for 380 old folks.





Each goodie bags contains a small-size Milo powder, 3 EGO biscuits and cakes, 1 snake powder, 1 bath towel and 1 face towel.









The lucky draw items. In fact every folks will get an item based on the number that they have picked, the fairest lucky draw :)




The day itself is tomorrow, and we have to wake up at 7! >.<




Sneak-peek for my next sewing project:


A blue that reminds me of my secondary school uniform skirt :)







P.s. I will take over the planning role next year. Please give me your support by signing up as volunteers for a single meaningful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment